Thursday, June 9, 2011

Woah, check it out!

Last weekend I went camping (pics below).  When I returned I was AMAZED!  The hot hot sun seriously did some work on my plants!  Check it out!

The tomato plants are over 4 feet tall!  ...and before I left I used a little natural dish soap/water solution and sprayed where there were bugs eating the leaves -aephids I think.   I think it did the trick.  I'll post a pic soon of the technique.



This is in an off color just to show how tall they are above the stands, the ones pictured are 42in.


Some Spicy peppers, gwan!





The 2 surviving magnum sunflowers are over 2 feet tall!  The one on the left had the shell on it...remember??





 There they are again ^
  Above is Thai Basil.  It's is spreading everywhere...like all over the little patch...from way left to way right, 5 feet away from the mother plant, it's crazy!


 ^ Corn
 And the "weeds" that were the bain of my existence when I was digging the ground....welllll, they turned out to be lillies. *laughs

 Below is my favortite tomato plant -a little runt I planted at the last minute because I didn't want it to die.  It's super bad ass, and has a shape like a Bonsai tree, which I tried to capture...not sure if it worked though.







Okay, so Stacy TOTALLY hooked up the best pie ever!  She came over and fed the crew a whole Strawberyy-rhubarb pie, and, it was heavenly.   mmmmmmmm

 YUM YUM

Here are selected camping pics....and yes, they are Luna Moths in central Arkansas.







Ciao

1 comment: