Monday, May 9, 2011

The Garden Begins

SO.  I was stoked to have a garden this year.  Motivated, and ready to spend time doing things around the house.  Last season I was a bit late to the party...planting squash, mustard greens, pumpkins, and bok choy in July (maybe).  It did okay.  The greens were awesome, but really it was just enough enjoyment to get me stoked for 2011.

I was definitely excited for spring...

I wasn't so excited about the fact that, with the new sun and leaves emerging, it became clear that my little yard was going to be in the shade...ALL DAY!

Needless to say, the grandiose plans and garden map laid out on graph paper was not going to be a reality (though to be honest, the plans may have been too big, and too boring for me to have been captivated anyhow!).

Next, what to do other than find out where the sun was going to be?  So, to the Alley I went. In search of sunshine and possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment